Welcome to North Kerry College of Further Education, we are one of the leading Colleges of Further Education in the Munster area and service both North Kerry, Limerick and beyond. Originally as Listowel Community College, North Kerry College has been providing a wide variety of Post Leaving Cert Courses since 2004. The College also provides VTOS courses for those wishing to return to education.
At North Kerry College of Further Education our programmes are aimed at improving the employment prospects of learners and in providing progression routes to future education. The College has developed links with the Institute of Technology Tralee, University College Cork, Kerry Education and Training Board, North and East Kerry Development, Fáilte Ireland and Local Family Centres in providing a wide range of programmes.
Benefits of attending North Kerry College
- Having completed a full QQI (formerly FETAC) level 5 programme of study a student can earn 400 CAO points for any University or Further Adult Education College.
- Students who complete a full Level 5 QQI programme can gain entry into the Business, Early Childhood Care and Education and other Level 8 degree programmes at The Institute of Technology, Tralee.
- Students who complete some Level 6 QQI programmes, to a specific level, may progress directly to second year in some Higher Education Degree Programmes.
- Scholarships are awarded by North Kerry College to learners who progress to Higher Education or to Further Education.
- This campus offers modern classrooms, ICT rooms and canteen area creating that college feeling.
- Our College day starts at 9.15am which suits students with families or other commitments.
- Study Skills Programmes are available to learners who are returning to full-time education.
- We have a fully equipped canteen providing snacks and hot food.
- Parents who attend the College and who require child minding facilities are catered for by Listowel Family Resource Centre, Stokers Grove, John B. Keane Road, Listowel, and other facilities through the provision of reserved child minding places.
- We reserve a place on the Board of Management for the elected representative of Adult Learners.
- Our Quality Assurance system is in place to maintain and improve the quality of our programmes in Further Education.
- Learning Supports are available for students who require additional assistance in meeting the demands of the QQI (FORMERLY FETAC) programmes and assessment procedures.
- Social Activities such as field trips and social functions are seen as an important aspect of education and are organised throughout the school year. The atmosphere in the College is based on partnership and respect between students and teachers and has regard to the different circumstances, interest and background of each individual.
North Kerry College Facilities
- Two Storey Modern Building
- 3 ICT Suites
- Car parking (limited spaces)
North Kerry College of Further Education has a number of services available to studentsView