JOIN LISTOWEL VTOS FOR A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE
VTOS is a Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme which is suitable for those adults who have been out of education and wish to return. It is a full time day course. You must be over 21 years and have been receiving benefits for at least 156 days. In April 2009 the Department of Education and Science stated that people who have statutory redundancies are now VTOS eligible without the qualifying social welfare period. In VTOS Listowel we also go on many outings, some of the trips we have taken in the past were to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Killarney National Park, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Sea World & Fungi Boat Trip, Thomand Park as well as shopping trips to Killarney and Cresent in Limerick.
What are the qualifying benefits?
- Unemployed and in receipt of Social Welfare Payment.
- Lone Parent Allowance.
- An adult dependent or a person in receipt of Unemployment Assistance.
- A person on Disability Allowance.
- A person on Disability Benefit (you must apply to the Exemption Section, Dept of
- Prisoner’s Spouse.
What benefits will I obtain
Welfare payment and any other benefits you already have such as:
- Fuel Allowance • Rent Allowance
- Mortgage Interest • Supplements
- There is an extra allowance for long term unemployed.
How much will it cost?
- No Course Fees
- Meal Allowance is provided.
- Travel Allowance (if you are staying more than 3 miles from the College).
For further information
Phone: 068 21023 and speak to our VTOS Co-Ordinator Rena Liston for further details.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to News